Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Sushi & Saucers

I had to have it---the final night to say adios to James. He's been a rock for me for so many things and an incredible mentor as a person new to academia. I really feel fortunate and blessed to have met him when I did.

So Monday night, we met for sushi at my favorite Fort Worth sushi joint. Yes, Fort Worth has sushi! :-) Hui Chuan is, hands down, the best there is. And yes, I know the name is Chinese, but the owner prefers Japanese cuisine.

Anyway, Rodney joined us for dinner too. And I finaly got to meet Adrianna! He seems a bit smitten, and she's a delight. She's absolutely charming as can be and an true beauty. I hope they make it!

We enjoyed some great sushi and other delights (I, naturally, had my favorite: the rainbow roll), and the three of them (after James's lead) even had a quail egg shooter in sake! Ummmmm----nope. Not for me. Maybe one day. But as goofy as my poor stomach has been with stress over my move, a raw quail egg? I think not. ;-)

Dinner over, I bid farewell to Rod. He's really something special. Kathy (Tim's wife) always wanted Rod and I to go out, but we were good as friends. Still, whether it's Adrianna or another, he'll be grand for one very special and lucky woman.

Where else would James and I say adios (for now)? Of course---the Saucer! We shared a great (large) IPA--Twin Sister by Left Hand Brewery. We chatted a lot, and we just enjoyed a low-key few beers. But it was late, so we said good-night.

Good-night? not good-bye? Well, I know that I'm just about certain to see James in January. We'll both attend the AALS annual meeting in NYC. And we've already made plans to make sure we stay in touch to share fun times there! He's unique and fabulous, and once again, I'm counting my blessings for the wonderful people in my life---especially those like James whom I've really needed and have been there for me.

And so to James, I say: Super Scuba!!! :-)

No comments: