I can only hope that Sophie (my cat) will still recognize me when I finally make it to Mom's next week. She's been there for five weeks, and she's been grand. She loves Mom dearly---and Mom loves her. But man, I do miss my kitty!
Howard, on the other hand, has been around for the chaos of packing. Bless his heart! How insane this must seem to him---me putting everything I own in boxes. Things are coming off walls, everything's going in boxes, and no doubt, he's felt some of my stress lately too.
How do I know? Well, a lot of people I know remember that when they were little kids, any time they didn't feel good, the best thing they could do was snuggle up in their mom's bed---right where she sleeps. I remember doing that. I've seen my nieces do it. And yes, Howard occasionally does it too.
Yes, Howard pushed the throw pillows aside and first snuggled up in my spot before stretching out---but still being sure to keep his head at my pillow spot. And no, Howard normally does not sleep on my pillow! In fact, he's quite good about knowing he's supposed to sleep only at the foot of the bed. But not that night.
Poor thing. I know he's stressed. But I also know he'll love his new back yard. It's gonna have squirrles! :-) Okay, more about that in an upcoming post. For now, I'm exhausted. I finished packing all the exteriors tonight---storage shed, front and back patios, attic, and garage. It was a dirty (and humid) job, but it's done! More packing tomorrow!
Oh---and before I go, Mom's doing well. She and Emily went back to Mom's instead of to Emily's. It's easier to make follow-up doc appointments that way. My heart still breaks for her. I vividly recall that helpless feeling when you're immobile. Having to ask for every single thing is soooo hard! If you're hungry, no one can read your mind, but you feel like you've been such a burden already, you're slow to ask for someone to get you something to eat. But if you don't ask, you get nothing but a growling gut. But it's so hard sometimes to ask! And just the hard feelings---knowing the depressed moods that can hit, well, it all makes me sad that Mom's having to go through this. Charla's headed down there for the evening today, and I'll be there for two nights next week. It's not enough time, and Ihate the timing of all of this. But I am glad to be able to see her then. Regardless---keep those good thoughts coming. :-)
1 comment:
sounds like you had a great house-hunting/prelim moving trip to blues city. and it sounds like your mom is doing just fine. rather than feeling guilty about the timing of your move, think about how wonderful those few days with her will be!
"always look on the bright side of life" (oh how i love spamalot!)
Post a Comment