Friday night provided my final night out with the Gang---those friends loosely built around associations with folks who work at Lockheed in Fort Worth. You might recall that I met Tim through the A&M Club in Fort Worth. And through Tim, I met Rod, who works at Lockheed. Ergo---I met the Gang!
We started off Friday night with dinner at Tres Jose's. (that's Three Joe's to you non-Tex Mex folks.) It was fabulous! I had some wonderful TexMex enchiladas and a taco with a wonderful margarita as the perfect accompaniment. We had about twenty folks there at dinner---a great crowd!
My friends were even oh-so-patient as I got a group shot taken of all of us.
After dinner, we headed off to Shamrock Pub. I introduced most folks of the Gang to the Shamrock several years ago when we had a birthday outing for me---gosh, must have been back in 2003! And it's served as a great place for darts, good talks and laughs, and great Guinness.
A few more folks who couldn't make dinner joined us there. It was a great night!
Specific good-bye was to my dear friend Heather---one of those tough good-byes; she's a dear, dear woman.
And it was a night of good-byes to many others, wonderfully celebrating our friendships and all the good times we'd been blessed to share together. (Special kudos to Susan for giving me the jump start knowledge of putting a slide show in my blog!)
They've been an awesome group of friends whom I'll certainly miss. As I said good-night, many said they'd come see me in Memphis. Absolutely!
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Out with a Bang with the Gang!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a terrific time was had by all. Glad I could lend some assistance with all the wonderful photos. I've really come to enjoy the slideshows--they take up much less space & they're just fun. =)
Post a Comment