Thursday, June 21, 2007

More Good-byes: Chris & Bob

Last week found me meeting more friends for a little more time together to say good-bye. It was a low-key evening, but a wonderful one. I met my friends Chris and Bob at Buffalo Wild Wings for one last night to get together there and watch sports. (We got together several times last fall for Aggie games and such. And yes---the Spurs took the title on Thursday. Should have been the Mavs!)

Here's Chris, me, and Bob:

Chris and I met several years ago through a mutual friend, Wendy. We've since lost touch with her, but Chris and I remain good friends. We reminisced over old times---especially our 2003 trip to Florida. And we even made some tentative plans for Chris to join me in Florida this year. How great that would be! As of now, I'm set to be there on my own---I'll be there to moderate a panel at a conference. But it'd be nice to have someone to chill out with a bit during off-conference times.

The other friend who joined us last Thursday was Bob. He's just a dear. Bob is another friend I know through Chris, and he's been a lifesaver with the selling of my house. See, Bob is an electrician and so kindly helped out with a few outlet issues I had over the last couple of months.


Anyway, lots of fun, wonderful laughs, and just a fabulous, relaxed evening was had by all. Chris and Bob---I'll miss y'all! Come see me in Blues City!

No comments: