Finally!! Grades are done! I finally finished grading papers tonight, and I even was able to get the final grades computed. I adore teaching Legal Writing, but the grading leaves so much to be desired. Someone once said, "I teach for free; they have to pay me to grade." Indeed! (I cannot wait to grade doctrinal finals! They'll be a breaze after commenting on legal writing assignments!)
And so tomorrow I'll head to school to get copies made of all the assignments. My night class will get papers back tomorrow, and the day class---probably by Thursday. I've had several students email already, anxiously awaiting the grade. For those whose grade was complete, I sent them the news. Now only if they'd really read the comments on the papers. Only if.
Once I get grades turned in, all that is left is the packing of my office! Of course, I have lots more to pack than I took in. See, in teaching, publishers send you books---for free! I love that part of the job. But it does mean I have a lot of books to pack! Plus I must safely pack all the other goodies----those aspects of my office that everyone says make my office a place of relaxation. True, I had Matt, our handy building guy, remove most of the fluorescent bulbs from the overhead lights. I use several lamps instead. In addition, I have a fountain and just nice touches---photos, a few things referencing yoga, and my treasure of all legal treasures----my Lady Justice stained glass piece that my best friend Melissa made for me when I graduated law school.
Anyway, so even though the really hard part is over----the grading----packing and leaving will be awfully "final." But it'll all be done by Sunday!
And that, people, will be that.
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
And the Grades are Done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment