I've been working out a lot lately. Sure, losing some pounds would be great. But in reality, I'm just trying to keep up with all the good-bye eats & drinks! :-)
Julio's:
After the fabulous festivities on Friday, I took it easy Saturday, just tending to a few things around the house. But Saturday evening I headed out to dinner with some former law school classmates at a wonderful Fort Worth place---Uncle Julio's.
What's there? Fabulous margaritas and even better fajitas---yummy! Shannon was there with her sweetie Raniel---we were also celebrating their expanding family; Shannon's due in October! And Jesse was there with his sweetie Rudeene.
About five of us, well, no, I guess it was originally seven----kinda formed some odd group during law school. See, your first year, you're with the same people for just about all of your classes. Laurel and I had met the previous spring during a visit to the school when they were trying to sell us on the place. We then also became friends with Shannon, Cherry, and Jesse---mainly because we sat within close proximity of each other. (Ashely & Todd were the others, but they both kinda faded out during our last year.) Who knows exactly why friendships develop, but they did.
So ever since graduation, we try to get together for dinner every so often, and my leaving gave us the perfect excuse to do so this month. Cherry, though, didn't make it; she left Texas last June for Seattle, and bravo for her---she seems very happy. Laurel had a family thing come up at the last minute, so that left Jesse, Shannon, and me.
It was a great night. We caught up on all the chatty things to go over regarding everyone we knew---who is practicing what kind of law and where---and just enjoyed the evening.
Oh! And it's Jesse and Rudeene who so wonderfully have taken such great care of Howard several times---and will again later this month twice with my moving prep. Howard loves it over there; although, their pups sure do keep Howard on his toes!
Here're the three of us---Shannon, Jesse, and me: Lucille's:
Sunday I got up early and headed to my office. It'd been easy to procrastinate on the packing, but finally, I had to get it done. I spent a few hours in my office, boxing all that I could before I actually ran out of boxes! No worries; it was time for brunch anyway.
I met another former classmate David and his friend Brian at Lucille's---a favorite brunch spot. And yes, indeed, I savored the Santa Fe breakfast pizza. So yummy! It was fabulous catching up with David and Brian. They're both some great people, and they're so wonderfully supportive of this new adventure of mine--and so excited for me!
Here's David and me:
They also gave me such a sweet card. Guys like that deserve all the best!
Buck's:
After brunch, it was back to work! I went and bought more boxes then headed back to my office to keep packing. I was just about finished when I looked around and realized I had a much bigger job of loading than I'd anticipated. Fortunately, my friend Jeff had offered his help---if he wasn't still playing soccer.
Well, bad news for his soccer team, but good news for me! His team had lost in the semi-finals of the tournament, and that meant he was free to come help out. And how great he did! We couldn't fit it all in my car, but between my car and his jeep---everything! Odd, of course, to leave. Truly, now, that chapter has ended. But the most fabulous ones are ahead!
Anyway, so once we got the cars loaded then unloaded at my house (my house is indeed beginning to fill with boxes), I hurried through my fastest shower ever only to jump back in the car and head to dinner in Grapevine. This time the company was my dear dear friend Kristin, her sweetie Charles, and a mutual friend of us all (who originally knew Charles back in college), Chris. (yes, for those in the know, Chris and I dated briefly, but we're much better off as friends.)
Why Grapevine? It's Big Buck Brewery & Steakhouse in Grapevine, so we went there for a few reasons. First, it 's conveniently located---Charles & Kristin live in Valley Ranch, me in Fort Worth, and come to find out---Chris is now in Dallas. Second, Chris has spent the last six months in London, and in an email announcing his return, the one thing he said he wanted was a good steak. And finally---it's a brewery that brews an IPA, and I'd heard it was fantastic. By the way---it is!
Anyway, while Tracy's my yen, Kristin's my yang. If that makes any sense. Kristin's an incredibly grounded woman. And she's of that group of friends who's nearly a decade younger than me. Odd, huh---the Arlington women are nearly a decade older, and the "gang" women nearly a decade younger. hmmmm---call me Goldilocks? No wonder I tell my colorist to always keep more blonde than anything else! ;-)
Anyway, no matter. It's odd, but in some way, Kristin and I are kindred spirits. I said this Sunday night---we may be nearly ten years apart, but it's as if we grew up the same. Seriously. Who else do I know who knows Peter, Paul, & Mary? Additionally, we both have older sisters, whom we love dearly, but we also both have lives very different from our older sisters---sometimes that's hard on everyone. And Kristin and I both get that.
But mostly, Kristin is one of the wisest women I know. Granted, I realize she doesn't always feel that way, but deep down---she is. And I have the greatest respect for her and how smart she is.
This wasn't a total good-by night---just for Chris. Kristin will be with me my final night in Fort Worth, and I hope to see Charles that weekend too. But for Chris, who knows, maybe we will indeed see each other in Madrid next summer!
Here's Kristin & Charles; Kristin & me; then all four of us together:
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Julio's, Lucille's, and Buck's
Good Times. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment