Friday, June 20, 2008

Details, Details

Whew! I was up early this morning, around 6:30. (Actually, I was awake by 5:30, but stayed in that twilight doze for an hour, just unwilling to get up that early.) Before 7, I was on the computer, getting started with address changes.

I finished at 4:00 p.m.

How could it take so long? Well, a lot of time was spent on the phone with ATT and Direct TV. It seems they are no longer in cahoots with one another, leaving me frustrated. In the end, though, I stayed with both, working out the details and even finding a few ways to save some more money.

It's true, I just cannot give up my land line. Besides, to order movies, it's easier 9and in some ways, less expensive, to do so if you have land line (allowing you to order via the remote.) Besides, It's nice to have a number to give to businesses, such that they are not calling on your cell. And I keep my home ringer turned so far down usually that it's not intrusive.

Another large chunk of time involved getting my new insurance. I got one more quote today, and it was better than any of the others. And so, all's good.

This time too, I handled most all of those businesses with whom I exchange correspondence. Last year, I dealt primarily with the "must contact" folks on the front end, changing the rest as mail was forwarded. But now, almost anyone who sends me mail will have my new address.

And don't worry, I also already set up forwarding to begin here on Tuesday, but I also set up a mail hold at my new address, effective tomorrow!

Ah---haven't gotten your notification? That'll come once I get moved in. I figured that'd make more sense for personal contacts once I'm actually in my place. And by then, I'll probably take care of the cell phone switch-a-roo too.

No comments: