A couple of weekends ago, it was a beautiful Saturday, so I put the top down, and Howard and I headed downtown to check the Southern Hot Wing festival.The festival was held on South Main---around the South Main Arts District. The cost was $1 or a can of food donated for admission; the festival was held to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House.
About fifteen teams had entered, all trying for the honor of being named best wing. Each team had a spot set up--often with a team name and logo, team t-shirts, and lots of grills and fryers. (turns out, though, that no deep-fried wing has ever won best wing.)
As soon as Howard and I walked in, we saw my friends Hope and Rachel who I know from the gym; Hope's also got a dog who attends Dogs Rule (Lily, the bulldog). So we hung out there a while, chatted with a few folks, then walked around. Poor Howard, though. It was awfully tough as too many people had dropped chicken wing bones on the ground, and Howard really wanted those!
Here's Rachael, Hope, and me---and Howard. :-) (posting this---I sure am glad I got a haircut last week!)
It was a fun way to spend an hour or so on a gorgeous day. But Howard and I couldn't stay too long; we had a party to get too!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Southern Hot Wing Festival
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment