Two weeks ago brought Secretary's Day---or Administrative Professional's Day---to us. (The last three places I've been, the position is still titled secretary.) I have to say that in my life, I've been blessed with the most wonderful administrative help.
My colleagues who've provided administrative support in my professional life have been stellar. And for the most part, I even still stay in contact with them. (The first who comes to mind, I hope to see in California in January when I'm out there for a visit. (What's really odd is that our joke---from ten years ago---was that she'd always be 42 to me. Hmmmmm. ten years later, and I'm turning 40. Ah, heck, we can both be in our early 40s. Who cares if she has a daughter who's close to 30.))
Anyway, in a belated celebration (she had other lunch plans the prior week), a few of us took Linda, my current secretary, out to lunch last week. We had a lovely time. And today, Linda joined me and a few others for lunch to celebrate Cinco de Mayo (any good excuse for a margarita, si? (don't worry---I didn't go back to the office afterward). As we sat there visiting afterwards, we brought up my leaving, and Linda told me to be sure those folks in Florida knew I left here breaking my secretary's heart for having left.
How sweet is that!?
Truly, she's been my champion throughout the year, and I've been lucky to have had the pleasure of working with her. And sorry if I am breaking her heart. ;-)
Monday, May 5, 2008
My Good Fortune
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment