After the hot wing festival, Howard and I headed to our real destination for the afternoon: the Dogs Rule party.
Yes, say what you want, but Howard and I went to a party at his daycare. They held a Spring Fling party---complete with a band, snacks, beer (yes, beer! (no, not for the pups), and supervised play for the dogs. Howard played and sniffed, and I enjoyed chatting with other dog owners and chilling out wiht a couple of cold beverages.
They even had a costume party, with the winner getting TEN free days of daycare! (Had I known, Howard would have been in that contest!) (Lily the bulldog (see hot wing entry for who Lily is) got free passes as gifts for Christmas. Yes, Hope is single too and Lily has a grandma who dotes on the four-legged one. Howard gets the good life too from his extended family. But no daycare passes. Hmmmmmm..... ;-) )
And yes, of course, I've already researched some doggie daycares in Jax. I've going to have to visit Camp Bow Wow and Pets Paradise and maybe The BarkingLot, and luckily, thr first two are pretty near the law school! The nice thing about these, of course, is that they each offer overnight boarding too, so if we're not blessed with neighbors as fabulous as I have now, we can have a place for Howard to hang out overnight when I head to Texas in August.
Regardless, I know we'll find another daycare. It's just too much of a good thing for my Howard Dean.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
A Dog's Day(care) Afternoon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment