Monday, March 31, 2008

Still Here

I know---it's been ages since my last post. Okay, so it's been a week. And as that post said, life's been quite hectic.

Things slowed down by force this weekend though. I awoke Friday around 3am in severe pain in my lower leg. I figure I pulled something in a pose Thursday evening. Anyway, after going to work Friday to teach a make-up class, I have, thus, honored my body (and pain) all weekend, keeping my leg wrapped and elevated, and I've stayed off of it as much as possible. On the upside, I'd say it's about 65% better. I'll try to take it easy this week too, slowly increasing my activity toward the end of the week.

In other news, the city here is very excited as the Memphis Tigers beat UT yesterday to make it into the Final Four. Go Tigers, Go! And what an interesting Final Four it'll be: all four #1 seeds made it.

My trip out of town for an interview went well, but as to any news out of it, I'm still waiting. I hope to know more some time next week. The city was much prettier than I expected, and the people were fabulous. I could really see myself enjoying it there. I'll let you know next week! (I hope)

In classes, students are just now starting to realize we have only three weeks of substantive classes left. (I schedule our last class meeting as a review.) This means more and more will finally really start to prep for finals. That means more and more dropping by my office.

I'm also trying to plan my summer (which will include writing at least one article), but until I get news next week, that's too up in the air. Sigh. Life in the life of indecision.

Planted on the couch, though, I did get through a lot of pictures that have been waiting for sorting and captions. From most sets, I've already posted some here. But I do need to get a few from last week up in addition to pics from NYC long-ago promised. I'll work on that this next week. No, really, I will! ;-)

Howard and Sophie are dandy. Our last freeze was the day it snowed, so I have moved all plants outside. Of course that also means I need to mow the weeds in the back yard. This weekend wasn't an option; maybe I can get to that in the coming weekend.

I also have a dinner to host. Four of my students bid on me at an SBA fundraiser, so I'll be cooking a lasagna dinner for them. They expected peach pie, as I've used my offer to bake a peach pie several times in class as a jumping-off point for a hypothetical, but once I explained that peaches are not in season and assured them that the specialty in my family was cherry pie, they agreed that'd work too. We were going to do that early this week, but with lasagna and pie being pretty standing-intensive, we put it off a week or so.

And truly, that catches up most things. Not much else has been going on, as I've been exhausted. My trip involved me being "on" for two days, and that left me fully spent. Getting back here, I felt like I was barely caught up on classes. This weekend, although restful, was really too restful. I'm ready to get back into my routine. It's been a little "off" since my spring break.

But getting back into it, I will!

1 comment:

Susan said...

bummer about the leg! hope it heals quickly.

just wanted to let you know that jon pigg died of a massive heart attack this weekend. no word yet on arrangements. i'll keep you posted.