Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Snowy Spring Break

Yes, we got over five inches of snow on Friday, and it was beautiful! What was even better was that it was gone by the next day or two.



Yes, my Texas flag is still up from March 2. I figured I'd leave it up to greet my sister and her family on Friday.

Howard enjoyed the snow, stopping to eat it every so often. He'd ask to go outside, run around a lot, then come in to get warm and have me wipe the snow off his paws, legs, and beard.

And so with the visit coming up in, goodness, three days, I've been steadily occupied. I still need to hit the grocery store, bathe Howard, vacuum furniture, and pick up a comforter from the cleaners, but otherwise I'm ready for a house full!

Unfortunately, though, I didn't get as much done as I'd wanted to on my article last week, so that still needs a lot of attention. I know that many journals take submissions into April, so I will simply have to be a late-submitter. We'll see how that goes, for it will be what it will be, after all.

I'm also working to figure out the next year. Possibilities are brewing, but nothing's settled yet. That too is one of those things that is a "we'll see." The road before seems to keep twisting and turning, but my steering's pretty good, so it'll be fine.

And so, yes, we'll see. :-) I am confident it will all be not only alright but exactly as it should be. Okay, so I don't know yet what it "should" be, but I've got my eyes open to see it when it's made known to me. And I plan to greet it with a smile. :-)


But with

1 comment:

Susan said...

lovely snow! i'm glad someone got some of it. after all that talk last week, we got a whole lotta nothin'.