Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Nice Choice

I sit here watching the MSNBC (I really do like Tim Russert; he's become part of my Sunday mornings) debate of the top three candidates of the democratic party. And I must say, that for the first time in perhaps my presidential-race voting experience, I am happy with all three whom I see on the screen. Maybe this is because I've finally become comfortable with who I am politically. Maybe this is because I finally understand more of who I am--politically and otherwise. Regardless, what I know this does mean is that almost certainly, come November, I will not be having to choose whom not to vote for. And that feels not only wonderful, but so wonderfully promising.

As I watch and listen to this debate, I see three people who all would lead this country in a better direction than any choices who are up for delegates tonight in Michigan. Economy. Environment. Foreign issues. Health care. All of these things are areas I feel hope for based on what I see.

Of course, naturally, yes, this is a debate and these are campaigns. But finally, I really do feel like I have hope that it is grounded in something.

It's 2008. Not only is this a new beginning for me; I have hope that I share that with our nation, and it's a new beginning for all of us.

No comments: