Monday, December 31, 2007

My Favorite Bumper Sticker


1.20.09: The End of an Error.


I'll vote Feb. 5, and I'm excited about what will happen in Iowa this week. I do, though, already know my vote that'll happen in February:

Obama '08

I know. I grew up thinking (being told) that I was conservative. Funny, it was my brother, actually, who first pegged me as liberal. Of course, back then, I thought those were dirty words. (Fightin' words!) Finally, though, I've not only accepted them; I've embraced them.

I am. I am liberal.

Gasp!

;-)

I heard an Iowan senator on the radio today talking about Obama's experience. He made the point that it's life experience that's important, and everything about Obama's life experience indicated this was a man who worked to unite people. And that, in my opinion (and that senator's), is something we could use. (That, and someone in power who had the courage to say "no" to the war, knowing it was not Iraq that attacked us, but a different force, a force he tried to get people to focus on, but that sadly, has slipped from our focus.)

Wow. Me--going on record with a political opinion. The times, well, they really are a-changin.'

And they feel good.

No comments: