Ahhh----mid September. New fall TV. We've waited long enough, after all, to find out about Meredith's sister joining the as a new intern! It's about time! :-)
But what about new shows? Well, this year, I''m trying to curtail my TV watching, so I've selected very few new shows to tune into. In fact, I had selected only one---Private Practice, but of course. (the spin-off from Grey's Anatomy) But then I tuned in to All Things Considered this afternoon on NPR and caught an interview with some of the folks from Reaper. So I checked it out tonight.
Ya gotta watch it! And no---it's not too late! The pilot will be rebroadcast on the CW this Thursday at 8pm central.
Why watch? What is it? Well...... First of all, it's directed by the guy who directed Dogma--a great flick. And the devil in the TV show is played by the guy from Twin Peaks (and who also played last season's VP for 24.)
Anyway, it's delightfully refreshing, and it's funny! Sure, it's a little silly, but more so, it's clever. Seriously. But it also has giggle-worthy slapstick that isn't too cheesy. And yes, even a "good" side to the story. It is so not the redone things like almost every other show seems to be this fall. And so I'll set my DVR to record this one regularly.
As for other shows, I ate up every bit of the season-one recap that aired Sunday night for Brothers and Sisters. Truly, that is my favorite show on TV right now. Can hardly wait for the premiere this coming Sunday!
As for my fall reality fix----naturally, I'm tickled with the new Dancing with the Stars and Survivor. Yes, those are my fall reality TV guilty pleasures. What fun to watch!
Oh, and as long as I'm checking in on the tube, if you didn't catch Damages or Saving Grace this summer---you should sooooo watch them when you can. Damages is a delightfully dark and twisted drama. It's still running new shows, though. Best to catch it on FX when it starts over or catch it on DVD. It's one you need to watch from the start.
My other summer fave was Saving Grace. what can I say? This is it: wow. Holly Hunter, I must say, is phenomenal in this role. And the depth and issues of her character are amazing. A-Ma-Zing. Her issues will turn a lot of viewers off; I realize that. But to me, they are portrayed so fabulously and earnestly and bitterly to the core . . . . Earl, the angel (hmmmm---just realized I'm plugging one show with an angel and one with a devil. Interesting.)---anyway, Earl the angel is a hoot. I must say, if an angel ever revealed himself to me, I'd want it to be someone like Earl. He cares. He's honest. He likes good food and spices. And he has a great sense of humor.
Ahhh. Fall TV. What else is on my list to watch? I adore the sitcom How I Met Your Mother on Mondays on CBS. And of course, I still keep up with Desperate Housewives on Sundays, Grey's (of course), and last year I reconnected with ER. I'll wait for 24 and Lost, naturally, but I gave up on Heroes. I just got bored with it. Sigh. I've set my DVR to record Criminal Minds--cause it's just so ickishly great and psychological. But beyond that, I think that's it. (other than a nightly dose of Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert.)
Like I said, I am trying to curtail the viewing, and with limiting myself to only two new shows, giving up the CSIs (unless it's an episode about the miniature killer), and deciding not to watch those things that really don't hold my interest---maybe I'll eventually make it through the backed-up stack of magazines on my desk. :-)
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
My TV Tidbits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment