Monday, April 21, 2008

That's a Wrap!

Officially, classes are over! WooHoo!

Both of my classes met today, and it was the last time. I announced in both classes that I would not be returning in the fall, and I must say, it was a great feeling when so many students told me they were sad I was leaving and wouldn't be around teaching here next year.

I also, for the first time, got a round of applause at the end of each class. Some classes do it; others don't. Frankly, I don't remember it happening all that many times when I was a student. And so when I even got a couple of "woohoos" from the students, again, what a great feeling.

Of course, my Contracts students were surprised to learn I'd be teaching Torts. Me and their current Torts prof are quite different, and they've now decided that I am the example of a "Contracts professor" and him of Torts. Ah, what little they know, for actually, if we go with common stereotypes, I probably much better fit the persona of a torts prof and him contracts. Go figure.

Anyway, I'm still working on the exams. Looks like this one will take me down to the wire. I figure, though, as long as I can get them done in time to copy the day before, I'll be doing good.

No comments: