Perhaps you recall the post back in January about Memphis's basketball team? Well, they wound up losing ONE game, knocking them out of the #1 spot in the rankings, but their record still gave them a #1 seed for the NCAA tourney. And they've swept through the tourney so far all the way to the championship game tonight!

The Kansas Jayhawks, though, have also swept through the tourney (with a very impressive showing on Saturday against North Carolina), and that's the team Memphis will meet tonight in San Antonio.
I know I have at least one student who'll not be in class today; she's in San Antonio. And my friend Kristin, a Jayhawk, is headed down probably as we speak.
The city's very excited---you cannot turn on the news or a radio without hearing "Go Tigers!" My gym is even closing tonight at 7:30 so no one there has to work during the game.
Me? well, I told Kristin I was cheering for her Jayhawks and the Tigers up until today. But now, I do gotta consider: The Tigers pay my rent!
Go Tigers Go! ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment