Sunday, November 11, 2007

Zoo Pics

Here are my pics from the Memphis Zoo. It is a very nice zoo. A lot of people said it was much better than that in Fort Worth. Yes, some things are better. But still, Fort Worth does some things better too.

One thing Memphis does that I really like is daily "keeper chats." Each day, someone who's a keeper of certain animals comes out to the front of that exhibit and talks about the animals. I made it by for the tiger chat, and she even had a whole fish to give each tiger as a treat. (that's why these tigers are coming into the water--to get closer to the keeper who they knew was about to toss 'em each a fish.) We watched as the brother stole his sister's fish, but then she got another one.



I became a member of the zoo, allowing me and a guest to visit free for a year. It's nice because it's only a couple of minutes from my house, and there's a lot more to see that I didn't make it to a few weeks ago. It's also just a great way to "escape" for an afternoon, even in the middle of the city.

No comments: