Getting your house ready to show is a lot of work. And for many of us, for whatever reason, we put off many minor issues until we think someone who doesn't love us already might be looking at---and judging---our home. And thus, I put in new carpet a week ago.
Fabulous! Right? Well......
Yesterday, an hour before my realtor is scheduled to be at my house to take photos--- of my house---I take care of some final touch-up painting. Nothing major. And many of you know that I've done a LOT of painting. In fact, I've painted every room in my house! This is not a difficult task. Or so I thought.
Back to yesterday---I needed to touch up some areas and freshen up the doorways. Ummm Hmmm. Just a little bitty quart of paint. Nothing major.
That is----nothing major until you DROP that quart of paint on your SIX-day-old carpet.
OMG
That's pretty much all I could say for the next twenty seconds. And I'm not an "OMG" kind of person! Seriously! I'm a "goodness" person. Oh no---but not with a pool (and it was a serious pool) of PAINT on my brand new carpet. It was a full-blown, "OMG."
Breathe.
Breathe.
That's what I did.
And I scooped up the paint I could before focusing my attention on the paint slowly drying on the wall and brand new vinyl. Oh my.
Breathe.
Breathe.
Then laugh, because you know what? What else are you going to do? Sure, I considered crying. And I'll even say that while it's not worth it to cry over spilled milk, well, spilled paint is a whole other story.
I postponed the photos with the realtor, called carpet repair folks, and dealt. That's what you do. And laugh. And breathe.
So now, more than a day later---I've had carpet folks out, and we've patched the area. And it's just fine.
(egads---but pray it's not a sign of a stroke. I've joked about that, but folks, if I keep dropping things (before having a beer, mind you), somebody, make me see a doc, 'kay?)
:-)
Anyway, so it's official! The "For Sale" sign is in the yard! For now, the critters and I are hanging out at Grandma's (and the critters just love it here!). Although, HOward sure does get tired when Mom & I stay up too late. First he made a bed on an afghan on the couch . . .
Then he just gave it up and zonked out on the floor. Grandma and I will head to A&M tomorrow to see my nephew's debut in his boots---a HUGE thing in the life of an Aggie in the Corps---at Final Review.
In the meantime, please, take it from me---if you're going to paint, and you care at ALL about the floor: USE A DROPCLOTH. I'm just saying . . . :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment